Here is another one for the body type series. So the first step is to decipher if this is your body type or not. The identifying features of a rectangle body type are, that your bust and waist are of almost the same width and you don’t have a defined waist. This means that you pretty much have a straight silhouette. This is another body type found commonly not in India but all over the world. So let’s get started about exploring the best styles for this body type.
As a rectangle your body doesn’t have defined curves so our aim will be to create those.
Key points to remember: UPPERBODY
- You’ve got the body type that can carry off any color, so play with the color palette.
- Curvy and deep necklines are your best friends. They help you create an illusion of curves around the bust.
- Go for embellishments and decorative edging like frills and ruffles around your bust or waist. This will add more fullness to your body, thus, creating curves.
- Opt for waist defining tops/silhouettes or tops that end just above the waist.
- Instead of straight dresses go for empire line dresses, the flare will make your body look curvier, creating the illusion of an hourglass body type.
- Wear belts, thick/thin, they definition they’ll give your waist is amazing.
Key points to remember: LOWERBODY
- Since you have a slender lower frame avoid wearing leggings and other garments which look like a second skin.
- For bottoms try trousers, palazzos, denims. Such silhouettes and thicker fabrics will add fullness to your lower body making it look curvier.
- Since you’ve got the perfect pair of legs to flaunt wear pencil skirts, but make sure you style your upper body accordingly.
- Experiment with different types of footwear, you’ve got the legs for it.
These are some of the styles which will work on point for a rectangle body type. For further queries or to get styled reach us at STYL-INC.
Keep’in it Styl-ish,