Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes and one of them is an Inverted triangle. Let me break down for you the defining characteristics of this body type. Women with this body type have shoulders broader than their hip line and a narrow waist. This body type is more prevalent than we know. Our very own Kareena K Khan is an inverted triangle.
Your best assets: if you have this body shape then you’re one of those lucky girls who can flaunt their legs as much as they like. Your legs and your narrow waist are your best features and should be highlighted.
Key points to remember: UPPER BODY
- Since you have broad shoulders, avoid boat necks and go for open necks, V-necks and other deep or curvy necklines.
- Avoid big, bold or horizontal patterns on the upper body as they’ll make your shoulders look wider. Opt for vertical patterns instead.
- Avoid accessories on the upper body, especially shoulders and bust.
- If wearing high neckline then go for darker hues as they’ll make your upper body look slender.
- Accessorize your waistline with different types of belts to accentuate it and create some curves.
Key points to remember: LOWER BODY
- Go for A-line skirts as it’ll make your hipline look wider and create a balance with your upper body.
- Go for horizontal patterns and bold prints.
- Avoid wearing fitted skirts as they’ll make your hipline look narrower.
- Go for denim as the thick material will add some bulk to your lower body.
- Instead of fitted trousers opt for palazzos and culottes to balance out your upper body.
Play with the footwear as everything will suit you given that your legs are your highlight feature. Always accessorize and love your body type! for further queries or to get styled reach us at STYL-INC.
Keep’in it Styl-ish,